VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:05:55 -0700
Hi to all.

I have had some of the problems that you and others have been talking about. However, in my case at least, the problems were mostly confined to the use of Google's standard web search engine, and I have long suspected that the problems may have ultimately been related to Adobe's Flash player (i.e. something is running in Flash at the same time the website is running that is making it difficult to read the website involved).

The update to JAWS 11 has mostly fixed this problem, but in doing so, it has (or possibly restored) blank lines between lines where some of the previous versions have shown no such blank lines.

One thing that I didn't do before uploading the latest JAWS update) was to verify my suspicions by running Internet Explorer 8 (that's what I'm using now, but you can do this with Internet Explorer 7 as well) (a) sans all add-ons (you can do this from the Systems menu under Programs) and (b) sans only the Adobe Flash player (you can turn that off using the Ad-Ons menu in the Internet Explorer options).

Anyway, I hope all of this gives people some ideas.

Ted Chittenden