VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 00:22:11 +1200
Dorene Cornwell wrote:
> Yeah. if you go with conventional revenue models sure it's hard to
> show a market.
>
> But the universe of people who benefits is everyone who needs to call
> a blind person

This is incorrect. the people who need to call blind people do not
benefit from screen access technology. They do not have any difficulties
making the call. If you are refering to accessing the caller ID,
marketing companies actually would be detramented by your ability to
determine their nature before you answer the phone.

That said, there are at least three other groups which would benefit
from screen access technology becoming standard in mobile phones. What
groups of people can you all think of?

David Chittenden, MS, CRC, MRCAA