VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Duane S. Farrar" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane S. Farrar
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:32:15 -0400
Hi,

Earlier today my computer froze up while I was using Outlook Express. I use
JAWS 8.0 and this happens from time to time. In the past I've been able to
shut down and reboot the computer, restart Outlook Express and everything
would be fine. Not so this time. I restarted OE and weird things began to
happen; well, one weird thing anyway. I kept getting anOE  dialog box saying
OE was unable to send a [return] receipt with an OK button. I was working
offline at the time; i.e., not connected to the Internet. This kept popping
up no matter how many times I hit OK. I exited OE and restarted it once
again, only to find that all of my Inbox messages and mail sub-folders I had
created were gone. It was as if I was starting with a clean installation of
OE. However, my address book was still intact, as were the message rules I
had created for some of those now-missing sub-folders. My current view is
set to "Show All Messages" and I checked the other OE folders such as
Deleted and Outbox to make sure they hadn't been moved to them.

I don't suspect a virus in this situation, although I still need to run a
full system scan. My instincts tell me this is a corruption issue and that
my messages are still somewhere on my hard drive. I just need to point OE to
them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer assistance!

Duane

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]