VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 2009 12:01:01 -0700
Leslie,

The easiest way to add bullets to a list that has already been written in
Word 2003 is this:

1. Using your left shift key, highlight the entire list from the beginning
of the first item to the end of the last.

2. Press alt+o to go to the Format menu.

3. Press the letter _N to go to Bullets and Numbering.

4. You'll probably land on "bulletted page, none button." If not, press
ctrl+tab repeatedly till you hear, "Bullets," and then press tab once to get
to "None."

5. Press the down arrow key once to get to, "Office Icons bullets button."

6. Tab to OK, and press enter. I think it works if you just hit enter, but I
don't remember off hand.

As a note, you can add bullets as you type by pressing enter and then typing
one asterisk followed by a space or a dash (two hyphens) followed by a space
at the beginning of the line. As long as you single space between items,
Word recognizes the asterisk or dash as a bullet and inserts it
automatically if you start two consecutive paragraphs with either
punctuation. To make Word stop, double space at the end of the last
bulletted item.

Hope this helps.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at