VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 06:20:14 -0400
Ray

Given Lynn's post, I'd suggest to your customer that perhaps there is
greater risk threat in attempting to place an order in a means the company
isn't accustomed to doing than following the company's prescribed online
ordering procedure.
There is risk in credit card use at any point given that someone could
just as easily copy a card number, expiration date, and security code in a
store,, restaurant, or telephone sales operation where folks come and go.
Given the nature how online ordering is secured, I'd argue that there is
greater risk in how your customer wishes to do things than online
ordering.
Also, if a credit card (not a debit card) is used, there is protection in
the event of misappropriation..
If all this falls on deaf ear, my only suggestion is for that person to
buy their internet security software the old-fashioned way -- from a
bricks and mortar store where they present their purchase to a cashier.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]