VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:00:03 -0500
Hello:

I got a call from a client running Windows XP and Window-Eyes 6.1.  She
has a password set up on her computer but she'd like to remove it so
that she does not have to type in a password when she loggs on as she is
the only person who uses the computer.  Here is what we have tried so
far:
1.  We went to the start menu, then to the run dialog and I had her
type:
control userpasswords2 and press enter.
2.  We unchecked the box that says users must enter a user name and
password to log onto this computer.
3.  She tabbed to OK and pressed enter, then hit enter on the OK buttons
to get out of the dialog boxes.
4.  When she re-started her computer, the password prompt still was
there.  She had to still type in the password.

Anyone know what else we can do to get rid of the password?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)