VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:09:03 -0600
Hi All:

I found the answer to the question I posted here yesterday concerning
how to change the number of spaces after a period in Microsoft Word.  I
found this in the help menu.  Follow these steps:
1.  Go into Microsoft Word.
2.  Hold down the alt key and press "t" to go to the tools menu.
3.  Press "o" to go to the options menu.
4.  Press shift-tab one time to see where you are in the options
property sheet.  Right, down and left arrow until you get to the
"speling/grammar tabl.
5.  Press tab until you get to a settings button, then press space bar.
6.  Press tab 1 or two times until you hear "require list box."  Press
down arrow until you hear "required spaces between sentences."  Press
space bar and you will hear Context menu.  Press down arrow until you
hear "1" or "2" depending on how many spaces you want between sentences.
Press enter when you get to it.
7.  Press tab until you hear "ok," then press enter.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)