From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 08:49:47 -0600
I have had a slightly similar experience, but with a QX9650 (the four cpu big brother of the wolfdale).  I have both an Asus
motherboard and an Asus video card with expensive Corsair memory that was certified by Asus at 1066.  From the online forum, I found
that in order to run at 1066 I needed to enable SLI memory in the bios.  Then it would run, but was completely unstable.  When I
backed off to 800, it became mildly stable, only crashing several times a day.  My wife has the same system, but she runs XP Home
and I  run Vista.  Her system is far more stable than mine, but she has to run at 800, too.

Dean Kukral