From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:58:45 -0600
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:41:45 -0600, Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
> The theory is that the more acidic the diet, the more calcium is leached
> from the bones to buffer that acid and hence, maintain healthy ph in the
> blood.
> Best Wishes,
> Ron

Exactly.  Hence my question.  The human body starts at just a single cell
and then grows and builds based on nutrients in the diet, water, and air.
The raw materials for the bones have to come from those sources.  Suppose,
for example, that the diet is acidic and calcium must be taken from the
bones to buffer the acidity.  How, then, do the bones ever get enough
calcium to grow in the first place?

Think of having two empty buckets that you intend to fill from a hose.
The first bucket (blood ph) is a high priority bucket, and must be kept
full at all times.  If it runs low, you can pour water from the other
bucket (bones) into it to keep it full.  So you take your hose and start
filling your high priority bucket.  But there's a hole in it (acidic
diet), and your hose isn't quite fast enough to fill it up, so you never
wind up putting any into the other bucket.

That's the part I'm missing.  How does the other bucket (bones) ever get
any water (calcium) in it if you're spending all your water (diet) trying
to keep the first bucket (blood pH) full?

--
   Robert Kesterson