From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:04:00 -0500
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:17:04 -0600, Kristina K. Carlton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

.... >I did try duck eggs and honestly, I never noticed a reaction but was told
>that I am intolerant to them according to a saliva test and blood test. Not
>sure how reliable they are. The day I did react to duck eggs I had 6 for
>breakfast and 6 for lunch so maybe that was just too much.

It sounds like you had an ELISA or similar test. I had one done and I didn't
find mine to be a very good predictor of which foods would bother me. There
were some correlations--it did find a very high overall sensitivity level
for me, vs. much lower for my father, which matches our experience, and it
did find sensitivity to some of the foods that cause me symptoms, but some
foods that scored highly cause no noticeable symptoms and some that cause me
lots of symptoms didn't score very highly. Other people here have also noted
that in the past. So I think ELISA may be only suggestive rather than
prescriptive.