Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:44:18 -0700
You might remember discussions about my cousin's daughter Emily, who has
had violent, life threatening seizures for years.  This email from my
cousin Bridget is kind of cool:

"We have had something extra special in the works for Emily.  As many of
you know, Emily LOVES Josh Groban.  His beautiful singing and music has
brought her much joy and peace for years.  Emily has been blessed with
the opportunity through help of dear friends, a caring neurologist and a
wonderful organization, Make-A-Wish, to have her greatest, most wished
for wish to come true — to meet Josh Groban.

Emily's birthday is Wednesday of this week.  She is turning 9!  I can't
believe it!  What a better way to celebrate her birthday and celebrate
all that Emily has endured, been challenged with and continues to battle
than to give her the gift of a lifetime?  Make-A-Wish is granting
Emily's wish to meet Josh Groban!!!  Emily opened a special gift this
weekend to let her know that her wish was going to be granted — not
the details of how, when and where.

Our Make-A-Wish wish contact, Ashley, sent Emily this sweet gift
announcement...it read: 'Emily, I am so excited to tell you that your
wish to meet Josh Groban is going to come true!  He is so excited to
meet you!  He knows what a special girl you are, and can't wait to be
your new friend.  I will be in touch soon with more important details!
Best Wishes!  Ashley Amerman, Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.'

As you can see from the pictures below, Emily was so incredibly happy.
She said, 'Mommy, this is the greatest day of my life!'  and then said,
'Mommy, I am so honored!.'  Al and I had tears of joy streaming down our
faces.  If she thinks this was the greatest day of her life, just
imagine what it will be like when she meets Josh Groban!!!  The
excitement, joy and pure happiness that this has brought her is more
than I could ever imagine.  I have never seen this level of happiness in
Emily.  We are so thankful for this opportunity.  It will be the most
cherished, amazing and joyful gift for Emily.

Wednesday morning (Emily's Birthday) Emily has an early appointment with
her neurologist.  We are going to arrive back home for the greatest
birthday surprise ever...she will learn that she is leaving for Boston
right away to go meet Josh Groban.  Josh Groban will be performing with
the Boston Pops Orchestra along with several other great performers
including Chris Botti (trumpet), Yo-Yo-Ma, Sting and Steven Tyler.  We
don't have all the details yet, but we do know that Emily is invited to
attend Josh Groban's sound check the day of the concert to spend time
with him!  It is going to be so incredible!!!