Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 19:34:08 -0400
I'd just like to point out that Barry Sears's objection to the arachidonic
acid in eggs is not that they are "acidifying" but rather that they tip
the metabolism in the direction of production of the pro-inflammatory,
pro-clotting series 2 eicosanoids.

That said, my recollection is that this objection is mainly theoretical,
and actual studies have failed to show that egg consumption actually
causes the problems that he fears.  But it's been a while since I looked
at the issue, so there may be more current research. It has nothing to do
with the pH issue.  All fats, being made of fatty *acids*, are acidic.

Todd Moody