From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:38:58 -0500
I said Icoms about 10 or 15 years ago, the last 10 years or so they sound
pretty good. The 751 wasn't too bad, 765 and 761 were pretty good sounding,
but for the most part, anything before the 756, 746, and that run, I'd
rather not hear if I can help it.
They're far behind kenwood though, only kenwoods I hear that really don't
sound overly great on the air are some TS-140's and I'm not sure why, some
are good, others are ear splittingly narrow.
I didn't know yaesu had any accessibility at all, even some to sighted
people with their menus. I know a lot of people who can see who got rid of
them because of the menus in the newer radios, not to mention the lack of
quality control.