From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:34:29 -0500
Hi Tom,

Brookneal is 24 miles south of Lynchburg.  We are located 166 miles from DC
in south central Virginia.

My associate and I have owned WODI since 1996.  We pride ourselves in the
fact that we haven't abandoned the methods of doing local radio as it was
done before the big consolidations in the industry.  We are a stand alone am
running 1 kw 24/7.  WODI does such things as local remote broadcasts, and
other events in the community.

You may be interested to know that the facility's automation system,
production studios, and transmitter remote control are fully accessible with
speech output.  I do all the it in addition to being the gm and chief cook
and bottle washer.

We bought the station back in 1996 when it was off the air and put it back
on air.  Both my associate Tony DeNicola WA2IHZ and I N2AAM are amateurs
along with our chief engineer Harry NJ2Y.  The background in amateur radio
really helped.  With our knowledge gained from ham radio we didn't have to
bring in outside contractors to do the engineering so that was a big plus
when we were rebuilding the station.

Before I got into station ownership I worked for a few radio stations in the
New York metro area of northern New Jersey.  In addition we do a bit of
broadcast consulting now and then.

Feel free to give a listen to our audio stream.
You can put the url below into the media player of your choice.  As long as
it can play mp3 files it should work.

http://grace.fast-serv.com:9200

Enjoy the oldies.  We play around 1600 songs in our music rotation.  That's
at least 4 times the amount played at other oldies stations.

Dave N2AAM