From:
Jimmy Podsim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmy Podsim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:54:18 -0600
Hello guys.  I recently got a use IC706 mark 2 g.  I went to have a friend reprogram the radio for repeaters on 2m and 440 here where I live.  I think some settings have been messed up or something.  It programs the 440 stuff great with no problem and most of the 2 meter stuff programs as well.  However, the radio refuses to split anything under 145.200.  The person helping me tried to program the split in using vfo a and vfo b for the split.  It worked on 145.130 but won't work on 145.190.  If I'm reading the book correctly, these frequencies should split automatically just like all the others did.  Anybody got any ideas on what might be wrong here?  I was thinking of doing a complete reset on the radio, but then I have no clue on how to program the thing if I do.  My wife read the book, but she can't figure it out which don't surprise me much.  She can run the radio once it's programmed but she says the book is like reading Greek to her.  Does anybody have a step by step note stuck away somewhere on exactly what to do to program 2m and 440?

Note, I don't have the voice chip yet, have to save up the money for that.

I'm not a republican or a democrat, I'm an American and I'm proud to be one.

... 73 ... KD5QHH ...  Jimmy ...
http://www.podsim.us
MSN or windows live... [log in to unmask]
Skype, jimmy.podsim ... please note the period between the names.
Have a great day!