From:
"Bob J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:31:46 -0800
The following is excerpted from the instruction manual for the TM-V7A...

CLEARING MEMORY CHANNELS

Step 1. Select the desired band.

Step 2. Press [MR] to enter Memory Recall mode.

Step 3. Turn the Tuning control, or press Mic [UP]/[DWN], to
select the desired memory channel.

Step 4. Switch OFF the power to the transceiver.

Step 5. Press [MHz]+ POWER ON.
 A confirmation message appears.

Step 6. Press [MR] again.
 The contents of the selected memory channel are erased.

Note:   Memory channel 1 cannot be cleared.

The steps for the TM-V71A are very similar, but different.

hth

Bob   KD8IXD