From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:48:45 -0500
                            I have been working the satellites using
computer control since 1991.  I use a program available through amsat called
quintal written by N4HY.  The software is accessible using one of the old
dos screenreaders Flipper, Jaws for dos, etc.  I have an old dos box who's
only function is running the program.  The rotator is controlled by a card
called the Kansas city tracker.  The bad news is that the Kansas city
tracker isn't made any more and mine has given up the ghost a while back.
If you can obtain an old dos machine that is still hanging around and find a
used tracker you will be able to use the birds successfully.  I have looked
at a few windows programs for satellite tracking and found that most of them
seem to be un-accessible out of the box.  That doesn't mean that they can't
be used with a bit of creative jaws or windoweyes scripting but my scripting
knowledge is nil.  So I must either get my tracker repaired or find an
accessible method to use the current generation of windows based satellite
tracking software to get back on the birds affectively.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM