From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:29:07 -0700
It depends on where the switch on the bottom of the plus 3 and plus two
mikes is as I recall.  I use them all the time on Kenwoods and they all
sound good, the super side kick also works well, but a little more
restricted.  With the switch in on way, the ptt shorts the two insulated
wires together, opens them on receive and does nothing with the ground.
The other way, the ground or shield becomes the common or switched
wire, key up, one insulated wire is shorted to ground, and when ptt is
pressed, other insulated wire is grounded, this is for cb rigs that
switch this way as they usually ground the speaker on receive.  Hope
this makes sense, just use an ohm meter, and if necessary, ground one of
the insulated wires.
73
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr