From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:35:54 -0400
I used an MC-80 for many years and still have it, it's a good mic. The
reason I don't use it anymore is with the TS-2000 I was getting complaints
on how it is on FM, 2 meters and 440. I'm sure if I wanted to play with it I
could have fixed that but I didn't, on the TS-570 and back when I had my
940, everyone told me it sounded absolutely great. You just have to turn
down the pot in the back or it will pickup your neighbor sneeze but beyond
that, and that's fully adjustable, it's a great mic. the only one I've ever
heard a complaint on is the MC-90, which has good reviews on eham, but the
sound was always restricted when I heard one and the price is unreasonable.