VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:03:28 -0400
From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Mick:

The link for the NLS web page is:
http://www.loc.gov/nls/

This will give you an idea of the services being offered.

First things first:

You will need to Contac your regional NLS library to request services.  This
link is will help you find contact info for your regional library:
http://www.loc.gov/nls/find.html

You can request phone number, email address, web page of your library.  I am
not sure if there is an application for the service you are signing up for.
I signed up in the seventies before the Internet.

Your regional library will still snail mail the books you ask for in the
format you request.

After you get the above paper work done and certainly not before you may be
interested in signing up for the BARD service. This will allow you to
download books and magazines from the BARD site. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN
DIGITAL PLAYER to listen to the books. Your regional library will start
distributing the players any day now if they have-not started already.

The link to the BARD site with link to application is;
https://nlsbard.loc.gov/cgi-bin/nlsbardprod/index.cgi

Welcome to the 21st Century.