VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:42:52 -0400
From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Ray

You probably hit on perhaps the most profound point of it all -- the cost
will be so prohibitive that one, even if they had the cash or resources to
purchase one, would have to do some serious soul-searching providing that
this thing ever came to be and was deemed reliable and effective.
Personally, as I do my computing via wireless keyboard much of the time,
would not find this as valuable as I might have perhaps 10 or 15 years
ago.
Also, the search capability of screen readers mitigates some of the
selling points that such a display would have in my mind.
I am also concerned that such a unit might experience fr3equent breakdowns
given its nature and that would be both costly in money as well as down
time.
I, of course, wish all such projects success; but I don't see this as such
a wondrous thing as I might have at some point in the past.

Prayer is not so much about getting what we want, but discovering what God wants for us.

Bryant Wright
Right From the Heart: Spreading Christ through radio, tv, and the web
http://www.rightfromtheheart.org/

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]