VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:41:24 -0400
Deborah:

Two options come to mind. You can go to "add and remove" programs (under
control panel). If "Bing" is listed remove it there. Alternatively, since
this appears to be an internet explorer add-on, you can disable it. Here's
how:

1. Open up IE (I'm using IE8); go to "tools"; press "enter"; arrow down to
"manage add-ons"; press "enter.

2. Make sure "search providers" is checked; tab over once and make sure that
"all add-ons" is highlighted, (although you'll no doubt find it even if
"currently loaded add-ons" is highlighted given that Bing is no doubt loaded
every time you boot up your computer.

3. In the list of add-ons, highlight Bing, then tab over until you hear
"disable".

The rest is self-explanatory to someone with your level of computer accumen.

Hope this helps!

John