VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:48:44 -0600
7bit
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Sherry,

You didn't mention the OS that you're running. On my system, running XP
Pro, I can go into Properties and then click on the Advanced button in
the General tab. There's a button to enable encryption. I'm not sure how
this works, since I don't use it myself. BTW, I don't think this is
available on XP Home.

Another option, which I do use is TrueCrypt from
http://www.truecrypt.org/. You can use this to encrypt an entire device,
like a flash drive, or create an encrypted virtual disk somewhere. I use
it and it's totally accessible. Good luck!

--
Christopher

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]