VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:45:37 -0500
Hello:

I am still working to help my client change her password on Windows Live
Messenger.  What we have done is go to the dialog box where she signs
in, tab over to a link that says "Forgot my Password" (they really don't
need to know she still remembers it), hit enter on it and come to a page
where she can begin resetting the password.  We've gotten her hotmail
address entered in the Windows Live ID field.  The next thing we come to
is a captcha.  We pressed enter on the audio link since my client is
blind.  We went to the play audio button and I had her hit enter on it.
No audio plays.

I went I on my computer to try and see if I could reset her password for
her.  Again, I put in her live ID, and tried playing the audio.  Again,
the audio won't play.

I've checked over every Active X Control type setting in Internet
Explorer, Version 6.  I have turned off Popup Blocker.  Still, the audio
won't play.  I went to the help link for the captcha and it says nothing
about what to do if the audio won't play.  I went to Windows Media
Player and in the filetypes tab under tools->options, I made sure all
filetypes are selected.  Still, the audio won't play.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)