From:
Bronwyn Syiek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bronwyn Syiek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:13:59 -0800

We ate at two In and Out burgers over the weekend.  My son and I are
extremely sensitive.  We ate the Protein only burgers (burger, cheese,
tomatoes and lettuce) and had the french fries.

It was the most amazing experience.  The servers were friendly and
knowledgeable....I realize now that I could have asked much more but
having just had a heinous experience with McDonald's I was gun shy (see
below).  The kitchen was incredibly clean and I could see the entire
process - the potoates were chipped right in front of you and put into
dedicated fryers.  There was a bun station that was separate to
everything else and definitely away from the burgers.  We ate well -a
huge treat for my son who can't usually eat at these places.

I just called them - 1-800-786-1000 - the customer service rep was again
knowledgeable and friendly.  He said that the only thing they have with
gluten is the bun.  I have experienced before that people say this but
they don't know what they're talking about - I asked him how he know ---
he said that he was reading from an allergen sheet.  The beef patties,
cheese, spread, salad, milkshakes, ketchup, mustard, sodas are all
gluten free.

Seems almost too good to be true but I am thrilled.  Of course, if you
know otherwise, please do let me know.

McDonald's:

-       Excuse me could you let me know what you have that is gluten
free?

-       We don't have any free meals here.

-       I'm sorry, I didn't mean do you have any free meals.  I meant
could you let me know the ingredients of the food as my son and I are
allergic to gluten.

-       We don't know.

-       But I think McDonalds lists this on it's website?

-       I don't know what you're talking about.

I persevered some more.  The place was filthy.  There is no doubt that
cross-contamination would occur.  The people had absolutely no interest
in helping.  Am sure it varies from restaurant to restaurant .  Today I
went and looked at their menu --- -there is very little that is gluten
free.

Just my experience.

*******
*******