Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:28:39 -0600

I just got back from 4 glorious days at this hotel in Aruba.  I had
ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS the entire time I was there at every dining
experience.  Here's where I ate:

For breakfast - the Marriott Main Buffet.  They use soy based non-dairy
spray for their omelets, no trace of gluten at this station, tons of fresh
fruit, tomatoes, capers, every vegetable imaginable, bacon, ham, salmon lox
to die for and tons of it, it has it all.  The gluten products are ALL on a
separate island, lots of delicate pastries for your glutinous companions.
Watch them make the omelets if you can't do cheese like me.  Pig out here
for the day and get your money's worth because it's not cheap, but well
worth it.

Light lunch - The Lazy River Pool at the Marriott Surf/Ocean Club - French
fries made in dedicated fryer in vegetable oil shortening (USD3.00) for a
huge plate you can't even finish, Heinz ketchup used.  Remind them you have
severe allergies and you can't eat them if they even touched a bread product
- they get it then.  They tried to save me some money by telling me they
would include it on my husband's gluten burger, I briefly explained and no
problems.  Fruit platter wonderful and a lot.  Adult beverages and
non-alcoholic juices very available.  Iguanas everywhere - they love
lettuce.

Supper - (the Dutch like reservations but will accommodate you gracefully)
Sushi bar at Marriott Main Hotel - bring your own soy sauce, you can't have
the soup (they use Kikkoman) - good for snacks too - no res needed.
Hadacurai - Beach front Restaurant just outside Marriott compound at
Fisherman's Pier.  They were very respectful and careful - I showed them my
Triumph Dining Card; ask for what's fresh catch of the day.
Simply Fish - Directly on beachfront @ Marriott - during day it's beach, at
night they set up tables with pink tablecloths, twilights and fancy chairs
in the sand.  Very careful of your needs. Showed Mauricio the waiter Triumph
dining card, didn't phase him, told me in his lovely Dutch accent they have
a couple people every night here with severe allergies and there would be no
problem.  Tell him exactly what you want on your food like olive oil,
garlic, spices you like.  If you can do butter, you will be thrilled.  VERY
romantic and relaxed.  Wish I could dine like that every night.  Our best
food experience.
Ruth Chris Steak House within Marriott - Try to go when it's not busy.  The
executive chef will come out if slow, the manager shows up too.  I had the
Australian Lobster and they grilled it with olive oil and spices.  Steamed
vegetables terrific, plenty to take back to your room.  My husband had the
filet steak and was very disappointed.  They use butter on all their meat
unless you specify no.  I also showed the Triumph dining card here too.  The
best cup of coffee you ever had.

The weather is sunny and windy, bring a sweater.  Very clean island.  Tap
water claims to be one of best in the world thanks to sophisticated
desalination system., so you can drink the water without fear.  Lots of New
Yorkers, New Englanders, Canadians and Europeans.  Very busy time of year
right now.  I never even bothered with the concierge service but I am sure
they would call ahead at any of the above places or others of your choice.
Even though they have their own currency, US dollars are accepted everywhere
and change given same.  Not the cheapest vacation I've ever been on
regarding cost of food, but my hotel and airfare were a gift so I wouldn't
dare complain. Best celiac regards, Dorina