From:
Bill Deatherage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:13:54 -0400
Hello to all,
I am not sure if I have asked this question before or if and when it has been discussed.  some times my memory isn't as good as it used to be.
any, way,
I was wondering what would you think it would cost to get into HF opperation.  I am living in an apartment so I will be restricted to what I can do.
I am looking to use low power so I won't bother people around me.  I remember once there was a radio made that would only operate on 10 meeters.  When I up graded to general  I got my Kenwood TS 440.  I was wondering if yasoo I know I am spelling it wrong but if they or kenwood made an afordible radio or what would you recomend at the low ind that would be accessible for a person who is blind or visually impaired.
I called a radio store and the salesman told me about a radio made byIcom that he said all  the amateur radio operaters who were blind were using.  I think it sold for 1700.  of course it was new.  He told me you didn't need to look at used equiptment because the new was so afordible.
I would be interested in your ideas.  I realize you get what you pay for but what do you think a person could get back on HF for.
thank you in advance.
Bill