VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:12:58 -0400
Dan

Regardless of whether or not it would be printable, when I handled leases,
we insisted that the original copy be the one signed and returned.
Tenant keeps one copy; returns one.
Reason we wouldn't take a substitute is that this would be the best and
quickest way of making sure that the tenant didn't try changing anything.
For the most part, apartment leases are take it or leave it documents.
There is no negotiation beyond perhaps pets and things like that.
If a tenant ever wished a clause modified, they were generally told that
"take it or leave it."
And they always agreed as they wanted or needed the place to live with
their only concern being the amount of rent and security deposit.
They would, on a separate piece of paper, note damaged appliances, walls,
carpets, and the like so that they wouldn't be held responsible for
previous damage which was usually wear and tear.

.
Indeed a really thankful heart will extract motive for gratitude from everything,
making the most even of scanty blessings.
J. R. MacDuff

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]