Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:59:46 -0400
Does anyone on this list listen to The Livin' La Vida Low Carb Show with
Jimmy Moore?  Found at http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/

Over the summer he has interviewed some wonderful researchers, doctors and
scientists such as Phinney, Vernon, Volk, Westerman, Eades, Taubes
concerning fat, saturated fat, etc.  None of them agree with Cordain's egg
white recommendation.

Dr. Mary Vernon had some interesting insights on fasting glucose levels ...
a subject we have discussed in the past.  According to her research people
eating low carb have higher fasting glucose levels in the morning because
their glucose levels remain more stable 24/7 than for people eating a lot of
carbohydrates.  Their fasting glucose levels can be lower in the morning due
to insulin spikes at night based on a high carb evening meal.

I am not the best at explaining the intricacies of the science I have heard,
but I think some of you would find it interesting as well.  Of course, this
is science being conducted now and not speculation concerning Paleolithic
times.
Paula H.