From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:20:51 -0700
and since you have now opened that can of worms, what is your political
view, and if the person the american people chose to lead them is so
terrible, who would be the best person to do that job?
no person is perfect or without something in their past that can be
construed as less then desirable.
I'm not disagreeing with your point of view, just back up your statement
with something solid to counter act it.
I spent last week in the US, and heard more then my fill of democratic and
republican grand standing.  The thing i noticed over all is that neither
political affiliation can stand on it's own, but must use the other to make
its points and to show how one is better then the other through comparison
and political back stabbing.
This is shallow, certainly not intelectual and totally without logic or
reason most of the time.
Also, how else can one learn about a political candidate except through the
media?  The candidate, no matter who he or she is, will use his or her welth
to advance their political agenda.  That is american politics as it has been
for many years.  It is no big surprise or revelation that corporations,
money and media put presidents in office.
One cannot logically speak out against this system and say what is america
coming to, or that media and money has suddenly taken over.  It's always
been that way and always will as long as we have politics in america.
73
Colin, V A6BKX