From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:41:09 -0500
Good idea, Phil.  Of course, my first qso is right up there.  80 CW loading
up the downspout for lack of a proper antenna.  I worked WA3KKB  in Hazleton
Pa.  I was near Norristown outside of Philly.  I have no idea what I said I
was so nervous.  I can't imagine I made the old J38 make sense but I must
have done well enough because we did complete the contact.

Another memorable contact was some time in the 80s when I talked to K2ORS
jean Shepoard for about 45 minutes on 40 meters.  He was in his cottage in
Snow Pond Maine and I was in Jersey Shore, a small town southwest of
Williamsport where I am now.  I was star struck.  Lou WA3MIX