From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:04:16 -0400
If I had absolutely no choice but echolink, I'd pack it in and quit until I
had a better option, I'd never sink that low. The only time I ever get on is
to talk to the local ARES team during emergencies and even then, only when
they don't want to use AIM for some reason though usually I'm over there
because at least then, there's no implication that it's radio. If I want to
chat online, there are programs for that that don't claim to be what they're
not and I don't need a license for them.