AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:50:40 -0500

               VISIT AFRICAN ASSOCIATION OF MADISON WEBSITE

                        http://www.africanassociation.org

                FOR LATEST INFORMATION ON AFRICA FEST 2009,

           MEMBERSHIP, COMMUNITY CALENDAR AND MUCH MORE....

John,

I understand economics very well. From the article: "One of the Clunker program's main champions in Congress, Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., said the incentive has provided an important boost to the economy and resulted in 200,000 car sales.

"I am delighted to hear dealers say that all of their salespeople are busy and they are selling more cars in a day than they had been selling in a month," Stabenow said.

Cash for Clunkers, which Congress passed in June, was set to end on Nov. 1 or whenever its $1 billion budget was depleted."

The original program resulted in 200,000 car sales. The program was set to end on Nov. 1 or when the $1 billion was gone. The billion is gone, the program is done. It doesn't need an additional $2 billion. Those who missed it, missed it. Too bad.

The country has better, more critical things to do with its money than to help people buy new SUVs (which is what they're doing, or didn't you realize that?).

Question for you...car dealer profit is good, MNE profit is bad...is that correct?

"In the days before volcanoes were invented, lava had to be hand carried down from the mountains and poured on the sleeping villagers.
This took a great deal of time."