Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:59:31 -0800
7bit
From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
I believe you can get into the BIOS (setup area of the motherboard) on a
Presario by striking the F10 key during boot-up. You will have to do this
before Windows' screen comes up.

If the drives aren't there, you can add them by changing the IDE0 and IDE1
to auto and see if this helps. This is assuming that the drives have not
physically become disconnected from the board inside the case and that the
drives are not dead. Chances are the drives are not dead. They don't
typically go at the same time unless there is a catastrophic electrical
failure that results in the whole computer going down.

>I have a compaq presario 5430 running win xp and somehow have lost my dvd
>rom and the cd rom. They were drive E and F but are no longer recognized at
> all.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml