Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Terri Pannett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:02:55 -0700
I think if a person uses braille music, a braille display with at least 32
cells is a must.  If you try to read braille music  with speech, it won't
make any sense.

Deaf-blind people must have braille displays--they cannot use speech.

Some educators think blind people don't need to learn to read and write
braille anymore, that speech is enough.  That may be true for those who lose
their sight later in life, but for those who are blind from birth, reading
braille is a must.  If a blind child can't read braille, then he/she is
illiterate.

The more the public sees blind people using and reading braille, the more
they'll realize how important it is in education for the blind.

Even in everyday situations, braille would make us more independent.  Only a
few restaurants have menus in braille.  One server told me the restaurant
had a braille menu and they excitedly got it for a blind person only to be
told, "I don't read braille."  So, it wasn't until I came in that the menu
was used again.  And there are many blind people in my town and it is a
popular restaurant.  Either not many blind people eat in restaurants or not
enough of those who do read braille.

Terri Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.

Terri Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.