From:
Brenda Idol Reese <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Idol Reese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:52:11 -0600

Yesterday, I ate a small crumb (literally) of a cookie that my husband
bought at our church cookie sale.  He
  wanted me to transfer the cookies to another container and I absent
mindedly put a small crumb in my mouth. I
  realized what I'd done, after I had swallowed it!  So I looked at the
clock to see the time, thinking that I'd
  see how long it took to get a reaction, if any. Well, literally 45
minutes later, my right foot started itching
  terribly and soon I had 3 blisters pop up, 2 on one toe and then
another one about the center of my foot.  This
  is the reaction that I've been getting for some time, not knowing what
was really causing it.  Now I know!  My
  question is this - does anyone else have this reaction to eating
gluten?  I personally learned from my allergist
  that I'm allergic to malt (barley), oats and rye (not wheat, but wheat
flour is almost always combine with
  malt). I'm also allergic to cow's milk and its products and I've been
lactose intolerant for all of my adult
  life.   Secondly, is this reaction considered DH?

  The blisters pop/burst within 24-30 hours and then the skin peals and
peals for a week or so.  The itching continues
  throughout this process.

  I'd like to hear from other folks what skin reactions they have from
ingesting gluten.

Thank you,  Brenda R.