From:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:54:35 -0700

Hi,

Just last week someone posted stating that Rice Dream was not gluten
free and processed with barley enzymes.

My family has been drinking Rice Dream for about 6 months (since they
started stating it was gluten free on the package), so I decided to
call the company myself to hear what they had to say.

I asked if Rice Dream was gluten free and the girl I spoke to said
that it was. When I asked about the use of barley enzymes she said
that they did use barley, but the processing of the rice milk
destroyed the gluten protein.

I then asked if they tested the rice milk for gluten and she said they
did and it is .02%...

Isn't that 20,000 ppm? How can that be considered "gluten-free"?

My family has been having various symptoms over the last number of
months and we haven't been able to narrow it down. We have stopped
drinking it in the last few days.

Any thoughts, comments?

Thanks,

Stephanie