C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 20:30:40 -0700
Cindy,
I learned to drive ; i learned to put any fear I might get into my left leg.  I had a wonderful instructor from the calif school of driving.  it was OTs who gave me real hope that I could drive a car. I have a moderate to severe cp, (it's gotten better over the years), anyway, they said, if Jerry can drive, so can you, and they showed me a video of this guy driving with some adaptations.  it took me 6 months, but i got my license first time around. (better than my cousins!) i drove for 21 years. but that was before road rage and people with no manners took over the roads of the bay area.

Thanks,
Tamar

Tamar Mag Raine, Commissioner,

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with Disabilities

http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*
www.cafepress.com/tamarmag