VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:47:48 -0700
Jeff and all:

Though I downloaded JFW13 nearly a month ago, I had no idea how to access or use the OCR feature until today. After Jeff's first email on the subject, I actually went into the JFW13 help/What's New files and learned that accessing the OCR functions is very similar to accessing the "Re-Search It" options. you press insert+spacebar, followed by o for ocptical character recognition, then either c for the specific control you're on, w for the window your screen inhabits, or s for the entire screen. JAWS then switches to the JAWS cursor and reads the information with the voice that is used when the reading language dialecs feature is turned on. That voice, if you're not used to it (and I'm not--I usually keep the feature turned off) can be very difficult to understand, and I hope that other voices will become available for that feature in future releases of the product.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.