VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catherine Getchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Catherine Getchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 08:08:54 -0400
Hi there Rebecca,
Yes, there are sip and puff switches and all sorts of other switches that
can be hooked up to computers.  Not sure about the Victor Stream, but if she
can access a laptop that's mounted on her wheelchair, she should be okay.
Her local Center for Independent Living may be able to arrange for her to
have a complete computer access evaluation.  This is where a rehab engineer
works with her to figure out the best computer access technology solutions
for her specific needs.  A place you might poke around just to see what's
out there is a site called www.enablemart.com.  Good luck.
Catherine Getchell