VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:39:32 -0600
---- Original Message ------
From: Michelle Zentz <[log in to unmask]
Subject: [leadership] PDF Conversions
Date sent: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:45:27 -0500

Dear Colleagues;
I work part time for the North Dakota State University’s
Information
and Technology Department.  My supervisor is interested in
recommending
a range of solutions other than Adobes Acrobat reader like
"common
look" if they actually work for the sight impaired.
The company NetCentric offers the product that it calls
CommonLook
Section 508.  The promise is that CommonLook can be used to make
new,
accessible PDF documents as well as to upgrade old PDF documents
so
that they are accessible.  Here is their web address:
http://www.commonlook.com/pdf

Do any of you know of other such products or have   reviews of
others
like it? Is any such service being utilized in your University
Systems
or government agencies to make PDF files accessible?  Please
respond
off list to [log in to unmask]

Thank you in advance for your feedback.  It is much appreciated.

Michelle Zentz
NDAB President

--
Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network
Visit