VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordon Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:44:14 -0800
Hi Listers, I have a Cricket phone. It is not the best phone for many poorly
sighted, but it works very well for "Dummys". 1. The monthly charge is about
$35.00 monthly. That covers 7/24, flat , nation widerate. No ups. You can
add answering message and call back messages, It must be pre-programmed  at
local factory office. You may need sighted help from a knowledgable persom
to uo use the voice command system. I cannot use the window on the phone; so
I have a separate phone list that I can read under the CCTV. It takes a bit
of practice to say the required number you want. It is great for things like
call: say, "Call Taxi", "Call Bus", for scheduling, etc. Since the
programmed must be intered with the phone's key pad, make your voice
commands as short as possible. DoNOT EXSPECT THE TINY INSTRUCTION MANUAL TO
BE OF ANY HELP WHAT SO EVER! Even my sighted helpers had to go to the main
office for knowledgable assistance. They sell the "Samsung" phone to use
their system. Ilive in San Diego, so it was easy for me to use the factory
store. Other Cricket did not have clerks trained in this type of use.
This phome will only transmit or receive at the same time. So tell your
callers that they cannot talk at the same time you are speaking. It is NOT a
land line.
Besure to look for special discounts before you buy. It is nice to know I
will not receive a whopping phone bill.
Note: I put my land line phone number and the Cricket phone number under
clear wraping tape on the back side of my phone. Guess What! It fell out of
the caring case, unnoticed by me, and two days later the finder of my
precious  pre-programmed phone was hand carried to my home.
At 89 years of age the only degree I have been able to receive is-
PhD, Dummbie, Cum-Laudi,
Gordon Wahl