VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:54:23 -0400
I am resurrecting this thread as I accidentally stumbled upon something
this morning regarding the announcement of my rss feeds.

I had not, in a while, taken a look at the add-ons that might have been
installed to IE8 (upgraded a week or so back from ie7) by other programs.
In the last week or so, I had installed some new program versions and was
just curious more than anything else.

Well, I had noticed that there were enabled toolbars from programs such as
Winamp and Roboform that were enabled.  I disabled 3 or 4 things that were
not needed and, bingo, that continual announcdment about the number of RSS
folders disappeared.

Hopefully, Harry, you long ago resolved this.  If not, and it still
bothers you, you might want to go into the tools menu of IE, arrow down to
add-ons, and see what is enabled.

Of course, if you want or need something active there, by all means, don't
change it.  But if you find something superfluous for you, disenabling it
may give you some unexpected pleasant results.

Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but at succeeding at something that doesn't matter.

--Ray Pritchard, Keep Believing Ministries

in a sermon entitled "living on the edge"
http://www.keepbelieving.com/podcasts/Life-on-the-Edge-Parables.mp3

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Mike Pietruk wrote:

> Harry
>
> I don't know if much can be done about this as I observed the same thing
> when I began using IE7 as a rss feed reader.
> If someone can shed light on this, I am all ears.
> But I see it as IE7 apparently functioning as it should.
>

> Today is a day to count our blessings, but let us also remember to thank the Giver,
> for it is His love and not the blessings that should compel us to thanksgiving.
>
> -- David Jeremiah
> http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]