VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Derek Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Derek Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 03:52:01 +0900
Hi Lynn
,
I'm running ZoomText 9.18.7.16 (64) in Firefox 3.5.3 on Vista 64-bit.

LE
"My ap reader started at the top of the page and worked its way to the
bottom of the page reading everything."

DW
Just to be clear, does your ZT read the following heading and body text?

"Ask Your Questions to Prime Minister Harper / Posez vos questions au
Premier ministre Stephen Harper
Submit your questions for Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in
his response to the Speech from the..." (etc.)

LE
"I pointed my mouse at menus and ZoomText spoke the words, info,
comments, and favorites, “ask your questions”."

DW
Yes my MouseOver reads those too, but those are LINKS.  My problem is
that MouseOver does not read the embedded body TEXT.

My concern is that the site is not fully accessible.  Copying to the
clipboard is a workaround, but it's not an endorsement of the site's
accessibility.  As Everett has pointed out, the site fails WCAG 2.0
compliance tests.  Luckily, my partial sight aids my navigation.  That
won't always be the case.  This site is not accessible with JAWS,
according to Everett.  That is not acceptable.

Please don't take this the wrong way, Lynn.  I don't mean to sound
hostile with you, nor do I want to slander or misrepresent a website
as being inaccessible when that is not the case.  In this case,
however.  I have no such reservations about questioning this site's
accessibility and our prime minister's office's choice of media.

Cheers,
Derek