VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 14:13:26 -0800
If you already have a Victor Stream, the CD hook up is $129.00 plus $20.00
for shipping. Each disk is saved into a separate folder, so an audio book
that is ten CD's long will appear in ten parts in your Talking Books folder.
You can, of course, then use the computer to put the ten parts into one
folder.

While the Stream CD Edition isn't a must-have, it can be convenient for
people who have lots of downtime away from the computer. I buy lots of books
(print and commercial audio) to keep up with the latest doings in the
literary world. When I'm working at my desk, I can rip audiobooks, which
average nine to twelve CD's (though fifteen and sixteen disks is not
unusual), while I'm typing away on other things, but when my job takes me
away from my desk, I often find myself doing lots of sitting around and
waiting. I can't really do any of my usual computer work because the
material I deal with is confidential, but I can do other things, like move
my audio books to the Stream.

I confess I would be more tempted if the Stream could be told that the next
X number of CD's belonged in a single folder.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]