VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:49:35 -0500
Bill

While I understand (and do some of that also), I wouldn't suggest that for
the average user.
People tend to forget; don't want to commit the time when they should; and
all of the other vagueries associated with manually looking for and
installing updates.
So, for a techie person it is a good approach, the average user, more
often than not, has no idea of what value an update might or might not be
so allowing the pc and the operating system to do the same thing makes
sense.
For someone like yourself, on the other hand, that may be a different
story.

Just a different perspective.

Test me, O LORD, and try me,
       examine my heart and my mind;