VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:36:23 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Edwards, Paul [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Barbara Moyer at home; Barbara Moyer
at work; Claire Critzer; Colleen Fix Huff; David New; Edwards, Paul; Hughes,
Victoria; Izquierdo, Jose; James Kracht; Janet Acheson; Jeff Zavac; Jesus
Garcia at home; Jim Kracht at work; John Yount; Jose Izquierdo at home;
Laurel Lyew Sang; Marilyn Millsap; Marshall Oletzky; Mikey Wiseman; Milica
Trpevska; Pat Kracht; Paul Edwards at home; Rachel Hamilton; Sally Benjamin;
Talibah Adisa; Victor Brown
Subject: [leadership] FW: TUESDAY TOPICS: AT CSUN

Tonight we attempt a first for Tuesday Topics.  Our intrepid co-producer
and erstwhile reporter has found his way to southern California to
attend the CSUN conference.  This, as many of you know, is one of those
premier conferences where access technology people gather to announce
new products or to unveil new features for already existing products.
Humanware has already announced a screen reader for blackberries and
plan to announce a new release for the Stream and a new Keysoft version
for the Note family of products.  GW Micro has already announced that
they will be unveiling a new daisy player and some new low vision
products.  These are just some of the things we have already heard
about.  There will be other announcements, I am sure.  Brian and his
trusty laptop equipped with an air card will be strategically located
somewhere at a little before nine this evening to  talk with some
vendors about what's new and exciting this year.  We hope you will join
us to ask questions and learn more about what the big news at CSUN is.
Now, here is more information about how to find us at a little before
nine eastern time on Tuesday, March 16th.

Using a web browser, go to
http://www.conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs510b693fb11f to
enter the Politics Room.

There you must either download a small application if this is your first
time there, or go on to enter the room. The next screen has a spot for
you to input your real name and a password. Ignore the password. Just
enter your name and press enter.

The new room looks a lot different from the old one. Please take some
time and explore particularly the help menu and its accessibility
submenu.

If you cannot join us tonight, please listen starting next Monday at
8:00 p.m. eastern to hear this program on the mainstream channel of
ACBRADIO.

 at

If you have comments and suggestions for us, please send us an email

Paul Edwards, Director
North Campus Access Services
Room 6113
11380 Northwest 27 Avenue
Miami, FL 33167
Work Phone: (305) 237-1146
Work Fax (305) 237-1831
Home Phone: (305) 692-9206
Cell Phone: (305) 984-0909
Work Email: [log in to unmask]
Home Email: [log in to unmask]

ABILITY COUNTS

"Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written
communications to or from College employees regarding College business
are public records, available to the public and media upon request.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public
disclosure."

--
Join the Monthly Monetary Support program (MMS) and help improve
tomorrow today in ACB.

Checked by AVG.
10:18 AM

Checked by AVG.