VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:27:25 -0800
Hi all.  I did send Gordon two attached documents containing table format s
for Windows Media Player Version 11, and one for versions prior to 11, and
as they didn't convert well into the email message I decided not to send it
to the list.  Having been urged to do so however I will now post the Media
Player version 11 list of key commands.

Windows Media Player V11 keyboard shortcuts

All features and buttons in Windows Media Player are accessible to you by
using the keyboard only. The Player provides a variety of keyboard shortcuts
for the more commonly used commands and buttons that you can use to control
the Player from your keyboard or with macros.

The following table shows the various keyboard shortcuts for the Player.

To do this	Use this keyboard shortcut
Zoom to 50%	ALT+1
Zoom at 100%	ALT+2
Zoom to 200%	ALT+3
Toggle display for full-screen video	ALT+ENTER
Retrace your steps back through your most recent views in the Player
ALT+LEFT ARROW
Retrace your steps forward through your most recent views in the Player
ALT+RIGHT ARROW
Switch to full-screen mode	CTRL+1
Switch to skin mode	CTRL+2
Switch to the first view in a media category after Recently Added (such as
Artist in Music)	CTRL+7
Switch to the second view in a media category after Recently Added (such as
Album in Music)	CTRL+8
Switch to the third view in a media category after Recently Added (such as
Songs in Music)	CTRL+9
Previous (item or chapter)	CTRL+B
Put the focus on the search box in the library	CTRL+E
Next (item or chapter)	CTRL+F
Turn shuffle on or off	CTRL+H
Eject CD or DVD (note that this does not work on computers equipped with two
or more CD or DVD disc drives)	CTRL+J
In full mode, show or hide the Classic Menus (menu bar)
CTRL+M
Create a new playlist	CTRL+N
Open a file	CTRL+O
Play or pause playing	CTRL+P
Stop playing	CTRL+S
In audio playback, turn repeat on or off	CTRL+T
Specify a URL or path to a file	CTRL+U
Close or stop playing a file	CTRL+W
Rewind video	CTRL+SHIFT+B
Turn captions and subtitles on or off
CTRL+SHIFT+C
Fast forward through video or music	CTRL+SHIFT+F
Use a fast play speed	CTRL+SHIFT+G
Play at normal speed	CTRL+SHIFT+N
Use a slow play speed	CTRL+SHIFT+S
Rate an item that is playing as zero stars	CTRL+Windows logo key+0
Rate an item that is playing as one star	CTRL+Windows logo key+1
Rate an item that is playing as two stars	CTRL+Windows logo key+2
Rate an item that is playing as three stars	CTRL+Windows logo key+3
Rate an item that is playing as four stars	CTRL+Windows logo key+4
Rate an item that is playing as five stars	CTRL+Windows logo key+5
Return to full mode from full screen	ESC
Display Windows Media Player Help	F1
Edit media information on a selected item in the library	F2
Add media files to the library	F3
Switches the view of items in the Details pane using the options available
with the View Options button	F4
Refresh information in the panes	F5
Increase size of album art	F6
Decrease size of album art	SHIFT+F6