VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 06:50:04 -0500
If we are going to chrystal ball, we should be aware of the changes that
have come about over the past several years.

1> there is now a growing body of access legislation and policy around the
world reflecting a strong public desire to move toward full inclusion of all
of its citizens.

2> There has arrizen a fast growing product already embodying what would be
the best universal access solution and the market place would do well to
watch this.

3> fs and gw et al will not go away; don't need to go away.  There are lots
of ways they could contribute and still hold on to a sugnificant market
share.

4> technology is becoming more not less complex and the smaller the $
company, the more difficult it will be to produce a product that meets user
demand.

5> speaking of $, there are fewer of them to go around.  Agencies who fund
services are looking for ways to do more with less.

6> There is now the internet and direct user input in to product like we've
seen before and standards govornerization is not wholely nor even
significantly controlled by microsoft.  They are more and more reaching out
to others for this because they see the hand writing on the wall.

Just as a note here, we must remember that there is a world out there beyond
the US which would greatly benefit where MS to take this bold step.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]