VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:07:08 +0100
Greetings,

A friend advised me he uses a system for remote access when help is
required, from:

http://www.logmein.co.uk

(For those not in the UK, I guess there is a .com and other versions).

I have now put this in my favourites.

When (in Jaws v9) I did f6, the address which came up was as below:

https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=uk

It seems the system will allow remote access to a pc, provided the person
carrying out the access has an account and gives the person being assisted
access.  I guess also that it can be used for any kind of access between
systems.

I will take a further look but decided to ask for any experience.  I am
interested in using this as so far as I can judge, it removes the danger of
others jumping onto my wireless network, should I allow remote assistance in
XP and, if there is anything better or tried-and-tested which people have
found doing much the same (or, hopefully a better) service, please let us
know.

Here is what came up on the page.

  Company Products Solutions Pricing Support
Overview
About Us
Customers
Careers
Press

Events

LogMeIn Rescue
LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile
LogMeIn IT Reach
LogMeIn Pro
LogMeIn Free
LogMeIn Hamachi
LogMeIn Backup
LogMeIn Ignition
Network Console
RemotelyAnywhere

Which LogMeIn product is
right for you?

Small Business
Enterprise
Service Provider
Home User

LogMeIn Rescue
LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile
LogMeIn IT Reach
LogMeIn Pro
LogMeIn Hamachi
LogMeIn Backup
LogMeIn Ignition
Network Console
RemotelyAnywhere

LogMeIn Rescue
LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile
LogMeIn IT Reach
LogMeIn Pro
LogMeIn Free
LogMeIn Hamachi
LogMeIn Backup
LogMeIn Ignition
RemotelyAnywhere

User Forums

    Labs Contact   English (US)English
(UK)EspañolDeutschFrançaisItalianoNederlandsPortuguês
(Br)Magyar???????????????(??)

"Simple and secure access to
your computer from just
about anywhere"

— BusinessWeek, Beaming Into Your PC from Anywhere
 Simply ConnectedSM
Over 50 million devices connected worldwide for remote support, access &
backup

  Access your PCs or
Macs from Anywhere

 Download
LogMeIn Free

Remote Access
  LogMeIn Pro

Securely access your PCs from anywhere

  Remote Support
  LogMeIn Rescue

Support remote computers over the web

  Remote Management
  LogMeIn IT Reach

Securely manage remote systems

Backup
  LogMeIn Backup

Backup to storage
you control

  Smartphone Support
  LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile

Support mobile devices over the web

  Virtual Network Access
  LogMeIn Hamachi

Instantly access remote network resources

Which LogMeIn product is right for you? E-mail

Password

•   Create an account
•   Forgot your password?

 Latest News

August 20, 2008
Microsoft wares can help you muzzle the gas guzzle
(Infoworld )

News Archive »

Press Releases »

 Copyright © 2003-2008 LogMeIn, Inc. All rights reserved.   Legal Info
Site Map   Toll Free Number:
0-808-2348658
Direct Number:
+44-2081149514